– Had a good time travelling and doing concerts and festivals in the Milan area and Edinburgh last year. Thank you very much for having me and my music.
– I did two new recordings of solo material in the fall of 2019, written in Berlin during the summer. The first one for solo acoustic guitar `Simple Pieces & Paper Cut-Outs´, is just finished and will be released this spring as both an album and as a 40-page score on Hubro. The second was recorded in Oslo in December and will be mixed this spring. It is a collaboration with great musicians Ole Morten Vågan on upright bass, Kåre Opheim on drums and percussion and Hans Hulbækmo on drums, percussion, vibraphone and flutes.
– We just recorded the project `Hildo´, commission for Rikscenen and last year´s Vossajazz with Tore Brunborg and Berit Opheim, and we will be touring Norway in February and in the fall. Here´s a link to the first part of the tour: https://vestnorsk.jazzinorge.no/2019/01/18/hildo/
– I´m also looking forward to new collaborations with Erlend Apneseth this year, both theater music at Riksscenen, https://www.riksscenen.no/jon-fosse-nokon-kjem-til-a-kome.6169335-477502.html, a new recording in April featuring the great trio Moskus, and a commission piece for Kongsberg Jazz Festival in July.
– Frode Haltli has asked me to step in as a guest musician at his commission to Vossajazz 2019, https://vossajazz.no/arrangement/avant-folk/, and at Jazzahead in Bremen in April, looking very much forward to that too.
– Excited to play at this upcoming event of free improv at Bergen Kjøtt in February with the lineup of Jon Irabagon, Per Jørgensen, John Hegre, Nils Drønen and myself: https://www.facebook.com/events/814764258878607/